The history of this castle is explored by many. It is assumed that a fortress was built in the first half of the 16th century, which later, in In the first half of the century, strength was built in this place, which was later, in 1661, was destroyed by the Tatar invasion. Probably the cellar or just a part of it was left from that time. The deep cellar, located beneath the whole building, contains a well. Legends were born about the former tunnel systems and their final targets. The Perényi family constructed a new thick-walled, one-storey building on the site of the fort, around which in 1717 a moat was dug which was filled with the water of Túr. In the middle of the 19th century, the castle was purchased by the family of Count Hesseistein, who raised another storey to it. This was the time when the lobby was built. The upper-floor was probably open, being walled-up sometimes later. The spiral staircase and a cupboard from a room remained intact. The thickness of the walls can be well observed at the double-leaf doors.