The building with an L-shaped ground plan has a high ground level and contains a cellar which has windows. The manor's facade, facing the street is defined by pilasters with plinths and capitals. The building has jack arched windows with window sills under them. The decoration runs down on the first window of the southern side-facade. At the meeting point of the two facade there can be seen a bastion-like turret.
The renovated building of the manor is currently housing a kindergarten and the elementary school is named after Endes József. His memory is maintained by the memorial plaque located on the facade of the manor, stating: “Ebben az épületben született, élt és halt meg ENDES JóZSEF honvédőrnagy (1811-1806 ); az 1848-49-es magyar szabadságharc hőse”. (In this building was born, lived and died ENDES JóZSEF Major(1811-1806 ); hero of the Hungarian Revolution of 1848-49).
The fortress was first attested in 1456, but most probably it dates from the 14th century. The history of the building is closely related to the locality of Făgăraş, first mentioned in 1428. The fortress of Făgăraş was one of the largest in the province, and the history of the region was linked to this fortress that dominated the surroundings.
The free-standing building with an E-shaped ground plan is defined by an open arched portico, located on the main facade of the manor. This portico with a triangular frontispiece is standing in a ruinous condition. The protruding side avant-corps's frontispiece has a trapezoidal shape and contains three ventilation windows. The manor is covered with a jerkin-head roof.
The two-storey, late-baroque castle has a U-shaped layout, short wings and a small interior courtyard. Archways originally opened towards the courtyard from both levels; however, the upper archway was later glassed in. The main facade is symmetrical and divided into nine axes. A portico was constructed along the central axis.
In front of the middle risalit of the original building, with rectangular ground plan and jerkinhead roof, it was built a portico with tympanum and columns. Following the renovation, according to the purpose of function, the columns dissappeared, the windows were replaced and new doors were cut in several places in the building.The building's western end was extended with new parts.
The estate from Ciutelec was received in 1608 by Fráter Pál, captain of the Castle of Sâniob, as a donation from Gabriel Báthory, the Prince of Transylvania. His son, II. Pál fought on the side of I. Rákóczi György and Kemény János. The settlement was was destroyed during the Turkish invasion. As the former manor was built on a hillside, the old part became a two-storey construction. The window frames are dated from the first decades of the 19th century.
The columns of the risalit results an interesting combination of an arcaded porch and an open terrace. The tympanum above the columns is reminiscent of the Rococo style. On the central part of the side facade, the two side wings are closing an open terrace. The symmetry of the manor was disrupted by the extension of an eastern wing. The building with 21x15 m ground area was built from bricks, as appropriate to that period.
The manor is covered with French roof and its arcaded driveway is decorated by a baroque gable supported on pilasters with capitals. Most probably the original windows of the 11-axis main facade were baroque-framed. The manor was once surrounded by a park, its gate's columns made of brick are still standing.