In 1973, for local purposes, the building was converted into a cultural center, therefore the main rooms were opened together. In addition to the exterior repairments, according to the new function, in order to create a stage and an auditorium, internal changes were made and the building's architectural value has suffered significant damage.
The castle was built in the 19th century in eclectic style, in the middle of a huge parc. It is a T-shaped building. During the castle’s heyday there was an immense safari park around the building. The builder was Count Kálmán Tisza and the estate became the property of the Tisza family in the 1900s.
Vízaknai Miklós’s castle was first mentioned in the village in 1467. In 1598, it became subject to the rule of Mihai Viteazu, voivode of Wallachia. Afterwards it belonged to the Gálfi family, and in 1629 it was granted by Bethlen Gábor to Toldi György, whose family maintained ownership of the castle until the middle of the 19th century.
Due to ongoing restitution proceedings, the local government that used the manor-house has moved out of the building, leaving it to fate. The lack of covering a minimum preventive maintenance resulted the destruction of the building. Currently, the ceilings have collapsed and the building has several spaces that are leaking.
The tower itself, which is right next to the main road, was built in the XIVth century. It was named after the reddish stones used as raw material. Some say that a research of the wall could state in what percent is the original tower still standing, for in 1533 it was washed away by the River Olt, therefore it was almost completely rebuilt. In the XVIIIth century an Italian bastion defense zone was added, which first served for military purposes. For years, the building has been used as a mental hospital and it is not open to public visits.
The inheritance can be traced on the family branch of the brother of Nemes Domokos, Nemes Mátyás: the castle was inherited by one of Mátyás's daughters, Nemes Klára (1719-1800), countess Bethlen Sámuelné, who got the estate after paying her relatives from Torma family and her brothers and sisters. When the estate passed to the only daughter of Nemes Klára, baroness Wesselényi Farkasné Bethlen Julianna (1751-1804), the castle's and estate's property was clarified, but after her heath, her second husband, Haller Antal and his children from his first marriage, concluded with Julianna Wesselényi, have filed another lawsuit concerning the entire estate. As a result of the division of the estate, the castle of Filiaș becomes the property of Wesselényi Orsolya Mikó Istvánné. Her daughter, Róza, became countess Mikó Miklósné.
In the second half of the 18th century Ugron István and his wife, baroness Anna Bánffy founded the Ugron family branch of Zau de Câmpie, moving to the estate which the baroness inherited. The estate passed from father to son and in 1860 Ugron Sándor (1826-1901) and his wife Rozália Kendeffy of Râu de Mori (1836-1898) became the owners of the estate.
Urmánczy Castle was constructed between 1903 and 1906, on a small elevation of the Mureș plateau, close to the riverbank. The construction of the castle was commissioned by Urmánczy Jeromos, a landowner of Armenian descent. It was designed by the Tyrolean architect Giacomuzzi Vigilio, who arrived in the region during the construction of the Szekler belt line. The castle’s modern secessionist style was pioneering in its time, and is architecturally unique among Transylvania’s castles.
The building contains the architectural style characteristic to Kós Károly, which is inspired from folk architecture. The ground floor of the castle has no plaster, it is a masonry of broken stones, while the upper-floor is made out of wood. The building has gable roof and its characteristic tower, with rounded ground floor, is covered with shingles.
Since its recovery, the family has renovated the building. During renovation works the portico facing east was incorporated thus ruining and radically affecting the building's historical character. A vaulted cellar is to be found under the dining room and the southern chambers, but when one of the vault collapsed a separating-wall was built here.
The Manor's north side, with small openings, is facing the main road. Overgrown shrubs are visible in its garden. The central axis of the facade facing the courtyard is defined by an arcaded porch with tympanum. Half of the Baroque gable, decorated with volutes has already fallen. Today it is a two-level Manor with vaulted rooms and small windows, an extension of the previous building. The extension is also evidenced by the geometric motif incised in plaster, reminding of quoining. Similar motif has appeared on the side of the Sinkovits Manor from Catalina. The Veress-Incze Manor is currently owned by the Incze family's descendants.
Initially, the free-standing, single-storey building has had an U-shape ground plan. In front of the main entrance, located on the middle risalit of the main facade, there is an open portico supported on wooden columns, which can be accessed by stairs. The triangular frontispiece of the terrace contains the coat of arms of the family, held by two lions.
The castle that remains to this day was built in 1769 by Wass Ádám. The castle was originally built in Transylvanian baroque style, with a ground floor, basement, mansard roofing and entrance veranda, two pavilions with square layouts (these no longer exist), a baroque pavilion library with a colonnade (no longer exists), and a horseshoe-shaped wall section ornate with a colonnade.
The L-shaped building has suffered various transformations, losing its original decorative elements. The original arcades are still visible on the side facing the courtyard, other elements, as the former columns were built-up. The western facade was built later, probably in the late 19th century. The building became the property of Hungarian state and in 1880 functioned as a land registry office and then as district court. Currently, one part of the building houses a pub and the other parts function as residency.