The family, whose name it preserves, was first mentioned in the register dated 1614, made by Bethlen Gábor and it also played an important role in the history of the administrative region of Csíkszék (Ciuc seat). The locals of Armășeni remember that the Adorján family members were prosperous, fact which is proven by the manor still standing today.
The former hunting castle of Apafi Mihály, the Prince of Transylvania (so-called ”Apafi Castle”) became the headquarter of the mine office (salt chamber). The first construction phase of the three-storey building, originally from 1689, is retained only in small details, its current form being the result of subsequent alterations. Today, the castle operates as a school.
The castle which is situated in this locality today was built based on an one-story rectangular house plan and it has a hip roof covered with tile. The Gyulaffy castle was reconstructed in the 19th century; this is how this building was created. The Apor family rebuilt the house in Classicist and Empire style.
The castle was built in 1629 on the place of the old manor-house that had become uninhabitable when Mihály voivode marched in. The manor-house consisting of three rooms that have basements as well, a kitchen and a chamber that preserved its structure until the end of the 17th century, and a the secondly settled door-case with fretwork in the brick-vaulted cellar comes as well from this century.
On the main square of Blaj stands the former Bagdi Castle, which since 1738 (with a small interruption in the 20th century) functions as the Greek Catholic Archbishop's Palace. The castle was built in 1534-1535 by György Bagdi, who designed a T-shaped residential tower with three floors. The entrance was reinforced with a fire-line.